FOR PRO ATHLETES
Success On and
Off the Field
1 Hero co-founder Chris McCabe on E.I. for Pro atheletes:
What are the costs to a team, a family and a community when a professional athlete performs poorly socially and or emotionally?
1Hero Sports (1HS) focuses an athlete’s development on the non-cognitive skills critical for him/her to do the following:
These “Big-5” represent the composites of social and emotional skills like self-actualization, assertiveness, empathy, reality testing, optimism and more.
Working closely with the athlete’s coaches, agent and family 1HS works to prevent and to solve the problems that all too often derail the athlete’s on-the-field performance.
Imagine the performance of a professional athlete who properly asserts herself/himself, makes other feel understood and appreciated as well as one who brings optimism based on reality to all of the people in her/his life.
1HS works 1:1 with athletes-in-transition (just drafted, retiring, change in marital status, change of team and more).
A 1HS athlete learns:
1. The difference between IQ and EQ and the language of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
2. How to access more rational thought via understanding the hard neuroscience of EI (soft-skill), making fewer rash decisions, comments and thoughts.
3. A new way to problem solve familiar issues to obtain exceptional results.
4. The answers to “what was I thinking?” and “why did I do what I did?”
5. The balance between being assertive and the need to be empathetic.
6. How to employ cognitive and emotional empathy to develop trust and respect.
7. How to use EI in identifying, recruiting, assessing and developing other athletes/leaders.
In short, 1HS athletes maximize their potential by decreasing the social and emotional interference in their life in all of the environments in which they perform.
Again, what does it cost a team, a family and a community when a professional athletes derails socially and emotionally?
The answer: too much!